Shuttle Bus Service
The Swiss Club offers a free Shuttle Bus service to its members and staff.
It operates from a few pick-up points:
- Caltex Petrol Station on Dunearn Road at the corner to Binjai Park Road
- Sixth Avenue MRT Station
- Binjai Crest
Swiss Club shuttle bus is strictly for the use of its staff, members, guesthouse guests, Swiss School teachers/Administrative personnel and Binjai Crest residents upon producing identification as displayed on the bus.
Swiss Club reserves the right to adjust, alter and amend the schedules from time to time given notice to their sub-contractors accordingly.
Downtown MRT *new
Now with the new Downtown Line MRT being open, it is even easier to come and join us at the Club.
- Take the Downtown MRTto Sixth Avenue Station (DT7) NEW or
- Take the Downtown MRTto King Albert Station (DT6)
- Take any bus (66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 157, 170, 171, 174, 852, 961, 961C) heading South on Bukit Timah Road.
- Stop at the bus station 42039 “Opp. The Nexus” and
- Use the FREE shuttle bus
- SC*: Swiss Club Members’ carpark
- BC*: Roundabout of Binjai Crest Condo
- BP*: Caltex Petrol Station on Dunearn Road at the corner to Binjai Park Road
- SA*: Taxi stand outside Sixth Ave. MRT station along Bukit Timah Road
For the purpose of carrying on the Swiss Club’s operations, including registration and administration of your club membership, you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
– Full Name;
– Residential Address;
– Copy of identity card (Singapore & PR) or Passport & Employment Pass (Foreigner);
– Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
– Contact details, including telephone number or email address;
– Employment information (Company’s Name/Designation or Position/Date Join);
– Latest income documentation;
– Latest billing proof of address (where applicable);
– Personal interests and hobbies Personal data of your spouse and children
– Photographs and video recordings of yourself
Swiss Club may collect your and your relatives/guests personal information when you and/or your family/guest:
– Register a new club membership
– Transfer memberships or change your membership status
– Dine at one of our F&B outlets
– Sign up for sports activities, events and other activities
– Make purchases of merchandise and sports equipment
– Make booking reservations and transactions at The Guesthouse
– Participate in our activities and events, classes, contests, surveys, lucky draws and/or other
– Visit our website
– Submit enquiries via our website, e-mail or telephone
The information Swiss Club collects depends on the type of products and services you purchase and use.
Swiss Club either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes the following purposes:
– Processing your membership registration
– Membership account opening and operations relating to your membership account, and suspend or closing the membership account;
– Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
– Inform you about Club related updates, policies and other notices
– Provide offers, invitations to events and deliver advertising messages via email or your mailing address with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
– Deliver the RELAX magazine to your residential address
– Publish photographs or other photos, in which you might appear, in the RELAX magazine,
– RELAX App and Swiss Club website. We will seek your verbal consent prior to taking a portrait photograph of you. By giving your consent to be taken on a photograph or video recording you allow the Swiss Club to make use of the material for its marketing and promotional purposes. You also accept that you will not be compensated in any way for the use of your likeness, image, voice, etc.
– Provide online or telephone/fax booking services and facilities related to The Guesthouse, F&B outlets, and events such as Oktoberfest, Wine Fest, and other Club events
Processing your orders and making sales transactions at The Guesthouse and F&B outlets
– Conduct consumer research and member satisfaction surveys
– Administrating loyalty and rewards programs (including but not limited to the processing of birthday vouchers and other benefits);
– Providing services and facilities to you;
– Developing new services or activities;
– Complying with any law or the requirements of any regulatory authority. We reserve the right to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorised under any written law, even where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent;
– Seeking professional advice (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
– Maintaining the safety and security of our premises with the use of security cameras;
We will not use, disclose or process your Personal Data for purposes which are not stated above or for which we have not obtained your consent. If we wish to use, disclose or process your Personal Data for another purpose we will seek your prior written consent.
All personal data held by Swiss Club will be kept confidential. Swiss Club may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, for which the data was collected, provide such information to the following parties:
– Any financial institution, charge or credit card processing company, credit bureau, or collection agency necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
– Service contractors such as editors, mail distributors, publishers, e-commerce suppliers and telecommunications and IT providers.
All Swiss Club’s service providers to whom any personal data is disclosed to for the purposes mentioned above must abide to the PDPA laws and regulations.
For direct marketing purposes you have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information. You can do so by writing, or sending an e-mail to us at our address below. If you do not exercise your right to opt out of receiving such marketing information, you will be considered to have consented to receiving such marketing information and we may continue to provide such marketing information to you.
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at: email@example.com. Administration charges may apply depending on the amount of efforts required to produce requested information.
Swiss Club keeps personal data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of our members. Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the requests to see original documentation before we may use the personal data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
Swiss Club protects personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data, regardless of the format in which it is held.
We use various methods to safeguard personal data. They include:
Physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and CCTV systems.
Technical measures: passwords and encryption, using general industry best practices.
Swiss Club incorporates security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect personal data from unauthorized use. Firewalls are utilised to protect our servers and network from unauthorised users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
Administrative measures: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
Swiss Club will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes, for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, Swiss Club will delete or destroy the personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you.
a) The Land Fund Sub-Committee shall consist of not less than three and not more than five members, of which not more than two shall be Committee Members and up to three shall be Members.
b) The appointment of Land Fund Sub-Committee Members shall occur at each annual General Meeting, except that when the Land Fund Sub-Committee is first constituted, such appointment may also occur at an extraordinary General Meeting. At the General Meeting concerned:
i) The Committee shall designate two of their number to become Land Fund Sub-Committee Members.
ii) Between one and three Members, not being Committee Members, shall be elected by majority vote of the Voting Members, to be the other Land Fund Sub-Committee Members. Each nomination shall be made by a Voting Member and seconded by a second Voting Member. The nomination shall also require the agreement by the nominated person to stand for election.
c) Each Land Fund Sub-Committee Member so appointed shall serve on the Land Fund Sub-Committee until the next annual General Meeting of the Club. Upon expiry of this period, the appointment of that Land Fund Sub-Committee Member shall automatically lapse.
d) Notwithstanding Rule 47(c), a Land Fund Sub-Committee Member shall immediately cease to be a Land Fund Sub-Committee Member if:
i) He resigns or is deemed to have resigned from his membership in the Club pursuant to these Rules.
ii) He resigns from his position as Land Fund Sub-Committee Member by giving 4 weeks’ written notice of such resignation to the Land Fund Sub-Committee;
iii) If the Committee votes by a vote representing 75% of the attending Committee Members that a Land Fund Sub-Committee Member has conducted himself in a manner which is not befitting his position as Land Fund Sub-Committee Member;
iv) If the Land Fund Sub-Committee Member is subject to any suspension/exclusion from the Club and/or if the Land Fund Sub-Committee Member is suspended or expelled from the Club, as provided for in Rule 25 and 26.
e) In the event that a Land Fund Sub-Committee Member is put into a position of conflict between that of the Club and Land Fund Sub-Committee and his personal/business interest, he shall be obliged to inform the Land Fund Sub-Committee of the same without delay and shall abstain from voting on matters in which he is conflicted.
a) The Land Fund Sub-Committee shall meet as often as may be necessary to further its objectives.
b) The quorum for a meeting of the Land Fund Sub-Committee shall be 3.
c) All decisions taken by the Land Fund Sub-Committee shall be decided by means of a majority vote of all the Land Fund Sub-Committee Members present. In the event of an equality of votes, the attending chairman shall not have a second or casting vote.
d) The Land Fund Sub-Committee shall cause proper minutes to be made in respect of the proceedings of all meetings of Land Fund Sub-Committee. In particular, such minutes shall document the deliberations and reasons for the investment or divestment decisions of the Land Fund Sub-Committee Members.
a) The Land Fund Sub-Committee shall develop and maintain a detailed investment policy according to which the Land Fund shall be invested. Such policy, and any amendments thereto, shall be approved by both the Land Fund Sub-Committee and the Committee, and the Land Fund shall at all times be invested by the Land Fund Sub-Committee strictly in accordance with such policy. For the avoidance of doubt, such policy shall not contradict or derogate from any of the provisions of Rule 46.
b) The detailed investment policy shall address items such as, but not limited to:
i) Investment philosophies, asset allocation guidelines, prohibited investments, and risk and return expectations;
ii) Specific caps intended to promote diversification of the investment portfolio, such as caps on the market value of the portfolio that may be invested in any one industry, in the securities of any one company or in any asset class;
iii) Responsibilities of investment managers and custodians if management and investment authority has been delegated to such external agents;
iv) Guidance on the basic standards, rules and requirements that must be reflected in any specific guidelines established for investment managers;
v) Whether restrictions should be imposed on the types of permitted investments for non-financial reasons (e.g., prohibitions on investments in certain industries, such as tobacco);
vi) Criteria for selecting and evaluating investment managers; or
vii) Criteria/benchmarks that will be used to evaluate the investment performance.
Please take note of the new rule numbering starting from Rule 50 onwards, due to the inclusion of the new Rules 46 – 49.
In an effort to keep the membership database up-to-date, we kindly request all members of the Swiss Club to inform our Membership Manager, Serene Yee, of any changes in your personal particulars. The Swiss Club will be thankful for your active cooperation.
To all our Swiss Club absent members, please take note of the new rule as follows:
“Renewal: Before the expiry of 20 years, starting from the date on which the relevant Membership is changed to an Absent Membership, the Absent Member shall contact the Club to renew the Absent Membership; failing to do so will result in his Absent Membership being cancelled.”